lxpanel – a lightweight GTK2-based panel for the LXDE desktop.
lxpanel [ options ]
This manual page documents briefly the lxpanel command.
lxpanel is a program that provides a panel for the desktop, usually for LXDE. It is a lightweight GTK+
2.x based desktop panel.
· User-friendly application menu automatically generated from .desktop files on the system.
· Launcher bar (small icons clicked to launch apps)
· Task bar supporting ICCCM/EWMH `urgency’ hint (Pidgin IM windows can flash on new incoming
· Notification area (system tray)
· Digital clock
· Run dialog (type command to run, without opening a terminal )
· Net status icon plug-in (optional)
· Volume control plug-in (optional)
· lxpanelctl, an external controller lets you control lxpanel in other programs. For example,
application menu. This is useful in key bindings provided by window managers.
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes
(`-‘). A summary of options is included below.
-p NAME, –profile NAME
man 1 lxpanel, version 0.9.3